Look Below for our Current Job Opportunities!
Job seekers interested in employment for animal handler positions should reply by email to .
Please only apply by email. No phone calls.
Emails should include a resume and cover letter.
We are looking to fill two positions:
Full-Time: Animal Handler
Part-Time: Animal Handler
Little Explorers Mobile Petting Zoo is currently looking to fill an Animal Handler position, which offers a unique opportunity to work closely with our diverse and personable group of animals while at educational programs for events all over the Bay Area!
This is an excellent position if you are looking to expand hands-on experience and knowledge of our wonderful group of farm animals. In this position, you will play a lead role in exhibiting our domesticated farm animals at events locations for guests of all ages.
- Handling and working with our domesticated farm animals in public and private settings. This includes
approximately 10 species
- Manage loading and transporting petting zoo animals to event locations in a safe and friendly manner.
- Monitoring the public's interactions with petting zoo animals to help maintain the safety of both visitors and
- Enhancing petting zoo guests' experience through educational interpretation.
- Interacting with petting zoo guests, using age-appropriate conversation.
- Assist with crowd control.
- Drive a 15-passenger van full of animals and petting zoo equipment (requires Class C California Drivers
- Supporting other handlers with reptiles and amphibians.
- Supporting other animal care manager with basic care of animals.
- Class C California Drivers License with a clean record.
- Proof of a negative Tuberculosis test that has been performed within the last 4 years; proof of both tetanus
and whooping cough vaccinations.
- As this position heavily involves working with children, it is heavily emphasized that you enjoy working with
- Must be 18 years or older to be considered for this position.
- Must have a valid Class C Drivers License and a clean driving record.
- Must be able to work independently and as a team.
- Must be a quick learner.
- (Preferred)Knowledge of the principals, practices, and techniques of biology, zoology, veterinary medicine,
animal husbandry or related field or experience.
- (Preferred)Past experience working/volunteering with animals in a professional setting.
- This is an active job, the handler must be able to bend, twist, stand, kneel, sit, climb, walk, and stoop for
longs periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and carry objects weighing 40lbs., must be able to move objects weighing 75lbs. Please
note you may be tested.
- Work year-round outdoors in all-weather types.
- Must have a flexible schedule with the availability to work weekends and holidays.
- We will be requesting a resume and a cover letter in your application.
Please note, we will be screening for driving records and checking criminal history. Upon hire, the handler will need to provide proof of a negative Tuberculosis test, tetanus, and whooping cough vaccinations.