Look Below for our Current Job Opportunities!
Intersted in working with animals? Want to be part of our amazing team?
Your in luck! We're are looking to fill 1 full time position!
Job seekers interested in employment for animal handler positions should reply by email to LittleExplorersPettingZoo@gmail.com.
Please only apply by email. No phone calls.
Emails should include a resume and cover letter.
We are looking to fill one positions: Full-Time, Lead Animal Handler
Little Explorers Mobile Petting Zoo is currently looking to fill an Animal Handler position, which offers a unique opportunity to work closely with our diverse and personable group of animals while at educational programs for events all over the Bay Area!
This is an excellent position if you are looking to expand hands-on experience and knowledge of our wonderful group of farm animals, reptiles, amphibians, and insects. In this position, you will play a lead role in exhibiting our domesticated farm animals and conducting our educational programs at events locations for guests of all ages.
- Handling and working with our domesticated farm animals in public and private settings. This includes
approximately 10 species
- Manage loading and transporting animals to event locations in a safe and friendly manner.
- Monitoring the public's interactions with animals to help maintain the safety of both visitors and animals.
- Enhancing guests' experience through educational interpretation.
- Interacting with guests, using age-appropriate conversation.
- Assist with crowd control.
- Drive a 15-passenger van full of animals and equipment (requires Class C California Drivers
- Handeling and working with reptiles, amphibians, and insect in public and private settings. Supporting other handlers with reptiles, amphibians , and insects.
- Supporting our animal care manager with basic daily care of animals.
- Class C California Drivers License with a clean record.
- Proof of a negative Tuberculosis test that has been performed within the last 4 years; proof of both tetanus, whooping cough, and covid 19 vaccinations.
- As this position heavily involves working with children, it is heavily emphasized that you enjoy working with younger ages!
- Must be 18 years or older to be considered for this position.
- Must have a valid Class C Drivers License and a clean driving record.
- Must be able to work independently and as a team.
- Must be a quick learner.
- (Preferred)Knowledge of the principals, practices, and techniques of biology, zoology, veterinary medicine, animal husbandry or related field or experience.
- (Preferred)Past experience working/volunteering with animals in a professional setting.
- This is an active job, the handler must be able to bend, twist, stand, kneel, sit, climb, walk, and stoop for longs periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and carry objects weighing 40lbs., must be able to move objects weighing 75lbs. Please note you will be tested.
- Work year-round outdoors in all-weather types.
- Must have a flexible schedule with the availablity and expectation to work weekends and holidays.
- We will be requesting a resume and a cover letter in your application.
Please note, we will be screening for driving records and checking criminal history. Upon hire, the handler will need to provide proof of a negative Tuberculosis test, tetanus, covid 19 and whooping cough vaccinations.
Pay rate will depend on experience. $16 -$20 per hour
We can't wait to meet you!